There Is Always Next Year

Happy Leap Day!
I remember Mother always said:
On Leap Day, a single girl can propose to the man she loves.
That must be in the same category as Sadie Hawkins dances.
But I love how on Leap Day, I think of Mother.

This beautiful weekend started out perfect.
Matilda came to The Cottage while her Mom Had her hair done.
We baked oatmeal cookies.
When they were cool, we delivered them next door.
Our neighbor Lew, celebrated a birthday.
{he turned 85 years old}
Matilda helped with the cookies and the card.
We had a lovely visit at Lew's house.

Sunday, Dinner and The Oscars was fun.
I made spaghetti and meatballs.
I think that we ate and drank to much while watching the Oscars.
I fell asleep and missed the last 2 hours of the show.
Oh well. There is always next year.

Have a happy Leap Day!
Love you.
Me


No comments: