And One Day

 I am sitting over a muffin and tea reflecting about yesterday.
My every days are so good now, how can one day be so special?
{it was!}
 
I am  60 now. I do not feel it.
I blame all my aches and pains on cancer surgeries and that works for me.
I like the idea of aging gracefully.
It means that I can be more of an observer than I was before,
not because of physical limitations,
but because I see the smiles, cartwheels and love
while I observe.
 
 Aren't I supposed to be sad or depressed?
I am surprised at how good I feel. Happy and thankful.
 
This birthday I was gifted with,
health,
Matilda singing,
 a video from Zach sharing the view from his office, {and a song}
Sweet, wonderful birthday boxes,
texts, emails, & Facebook notes,
a family birthday meal at Al Bernets, {Saturday}
a romantic birthday meal at Marcus,{Tuesday}
and
so much attention that my heart is full.
 
As I enter my first days of a new decade, I thank you.
You know who you are.
The support and love that you have given me
still takes my breath away.
One day I hope that I can repay that love, 10 fold.
 
I am 60 years and one day old.
YAY!
Bring on the adventures!
Love you.
Me
 

No comments: