Lemon Drop Friday

I do have a thing for lemon drops.
They cannot be around the house, or I will eat them all.
Sooo, I put them into the glove box of Larry's car.
When I feel car-sickish,
(which happens now after cancer treatments)
There is a stash for me to combat the tummy rumbles.
***
I was going to be clever today,
sharing with you perhaps a lemon drop, fun fact but,
nope.
All I could find were,
recipes for Lemon drop Martinis
 and
a song by an unknown band {Pistol Annies?}...titled Lemon Drop.
Here is the song,
 

 
 
 
 
and here is the lemon drop martini recipe.
 
 

Ingredients:
 


1 1/2 ounces vodka

1/2 ounce triple sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
3/4 ounce
fresh lemon juice
4 -5  ice cubes
superfine sugar, for the martini glass rim
lemon twist

Directions:
1 Chill martini glasses in freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.

2 Place Vodka, Triple Sec, lemon juice and sugar into a cocktail shaker with 4-5 ice cubes and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.

3 Run the lemon twist around the edge of the chilled martini glass and dunk in a small amount of sugar for a coated rim.

4 Pour the strained martini into the chilled glasses and serve.
 
*****
If you love fine ART,
did you know that I am auctioning off one of my abstracts?
All proceeds go to Susan G Komen Race For a Cure.
{I am walking on June 14th}
Find all information here:
My passion is getting Mammograms for women who cannot afford them.
There is NO REASON that breast cancer should go undetected
 because a woman could not afford a mammogram.
{planned parenthood supplies them}
Please help me in my efforts?
Bid today!
 
Have the best weekend.
Love you!
me
 



No comments: