Today I am grateful for projects made by my granddaughter.

Photo: The diorama is almost 5 years old.

During the pandemic, my granddaughter, then age 8, made this diorama for me.
She knew that I was going through a difficult time and wanted to encourage me in her own special way. It worked.

My treasured diorama and I are coming up on our 5-year anniversaries.
I am at 12 years cancer free for my first breast cancer and almost 5 years cancer free for my second breast cancer. (and diorama)

Reminding myself of the timelines is important.
It is a positive exercise that helps keep me sane and positive in my thought processes.

Often, I try to pretend that I never had cancer. I know in my heart that is not good for me, but there is something freeing in pretending that the "C" word never touched me.

After remission from #2 cancer, I went to therapy. My therapist told me that I need to admit that I am a survivor. Even now as I write this, my brain is screaming ...NOOOOOO. 
It made me smile to share this.

Breast cancer awareness month is swiftly approaching.
Please have your screenings and if you know someone struggling, with treatments, or the aftereffects of having to fight cancer, or even a diagnosis, give them positive encouragement in your own special way.
It is the most valuable support that you can show.

As Em, my granddaughter would say....
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Gosh, I love that girl.

Love you all beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: