Today I am grateful for a good bag of chips.

 I am always thankful for picnics.

Larry and I have been sneaking away with picnic basket in hand since we met in 1973. Taking time for a picnic is the secret to finding a calm space in your day.

I have been struggling lately. The heat of the summer always makes me anxious, and this year has been worse than ever.

So, yesterday, Larry and I decided to go on a picnic.

The meal was not gourmet, just homemade turkey sandwiches and ginger ale. 

Photo: The old oak tree

It was 98 degrees outside and we parked under the old oak tree.

It was beautiful outside.

Photo: The sandwiches

I made turkey sandwiches on wheat bread.

The car was cool, and we listened to music as we ate.

Larry listened to me as I talked. My day was interesting. I had yoga in the morning and heard from an old friend in the afternoon. Then I had a migraine with the strangest aura and worst pain I have ever had. Larry sat quietly listening to me. Then he told me that he loved me....and ate his sandwich. Here is a secret, Larry is a "chip" guy...a real chip guy. Did you know that there are GOOD bags of chips and bad bags of chips? Evidently yesterday, we got a good bag of chips for the picnic.

Photo: A good bag of chips

I wish you a happy day and maybe a picnic.


Love you beyond the moon.

Me



No comments: