Today, I am grateful for beautiful leather books.

Photo: Making a family cookbook

 When my mother passed away, my sisters took (I was going to use the word confiscated but thought it was a bit harsh) her box of recipes, with the promise that they would share them with me.
It never happened.

Now, I am making our own family cookbook. The leather book is from Oberon and have been working on the recipes daily.
It is surprising how sentimental this job is.
Memories coming rushing back on a regular basis 
and tend to stay with me for a while.

The memory of a wonderful meal is something that impacts us to the core.
Even if you are not a "foodie" a special moment at a family meal can last forever.

Larry, being in the restaurant business, makes me hyper aware of the meal/food thing and being my age, we have our own favorites that are being included in this handwritten book.

Do you have a special meal that you will remember forever?
Or perhaps a recipe that someone whom you adored served and remember fondly?

Please have a wonderful day....and what's for dinner tonight? Wink.

Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: