There is Always Ice Cream


This Fall, I asked my daughter Lauren what color sweater she would like? I had created a pattern and wanted to knit a sweater for each of my daughters. Jamison asked for navy blue, Lars asked for kelly green. I made Jamison's first, and it turned out very well! Then I made Lauren's sweater. All pieces were complete (back, two fronts two pockets and two sleeves) When I blocked it and something terrible happened. The knitting warped up and was a mess. I was heart-broken.

I was trying to finish the sweater before Larry and I left on our Fall Holiday, but, there was no fixing it. I had to FROG it. (I had never frogged a complete sweater before)

Knitting Term: Frogging

"Frogging" is a knit/crochet term for ripping out your knitting and starting over to correct a mistake. Why is it called "frogging" you ask? Because you "rip it, rip it" which reminded someone of "ribit, ribit" - the sound a frog makes. Yep, that's the history behind the term. 
(and we don't know who coined the term)

When we came home from France, I started the kelly green sweater all over again.

I did have a pretty bad bout with bronchitis that slowed me down, but the sweater is well on it its way now. I am trying to finish the sweater before I work on any other project. I'm feeling rather obsessive about it.


Photo: The sweater and stitch markers


 The back is complete, two pockets and one front is almost done. 

Photo: My sketch and knitting

As I am recovering from bronchitis, I am getting back into a rhythm  of these new 2023 days. (today I hope to take my neighborhood health walk)

As I am re-making Lauren's sweater, I am reflecting on this past year. So many things have happened that looking forward is a happy positive thing.

I got a lot done yesterday. Knitting and chores around the house, that I rewarded myself with ice-cream last night.

Photo: My reward

Remember, when the world seems upside down, there is always ice-cream.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me

No comments: