The Blues And The Red Christmas Book

Photo: Early entry of the Christmas book.

 I have a case of the blues today. I cannot decide if it is because the holidays are over, the international news is completely awful OR I am just sad that new year has started without many positive attributes to hang on to.

Because I am blue, it makes writing in the Christmas book difficult. Some years I have so much to write, some years, and then some years  Larry has to remind me to write something. I think that this is a  reminding kind of year.

The books started in 1985. and each year there is a spot for a photograph, our favorite greeting card and notes about the holiday. We have made entries each year, including this year. After the girls moved out, the photo became just Larry and myself. We filled up one book and have just a few years left in the current book. Then we will NOT get another book....

Photo: The Christmas books.

This years photo is Larry and I in France and the favorite card is from dear friends in England.

Photo: Larry and me at one of his favorite restaurants in Paris




Photo: The BEST holiday card ever
My favorite part of the book is the old photos, the ones when the girls were with us.

Today I must finish making notes in the red Christmas book. We had a wonderful holiday, made many memories and having them all in a book is fun. BUT why is it so difficult to put thoughts in writing this year?

Do you have a memory book? What do you do if you just are not feeling like making an entry? Perhaps If I wait a day or two I will feel more like reliving the events that made this year so wonderful?

I wish you a happy day and please don't let the blues catch up to you. 2022 is over and it is time for new adventures and memories.

Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: