My Mother And Ginkgo Trees


I have a favorite tree. It sounds crazy but I do. The tree stands almost in the exact center of Paris France. (I wish that it was closer to the US)

The tree is located in Pont Neuf Park, at the Western tip of lle de la Cite in Paris. Our new apartment is near the park and we enjoyed walking to this park often this year.

BUT the tree! Many years ago (40?) my Mother introduced me to ginkgo trees.(she had one in her garden) I knew nothing, but she was such an enthusiastic  teacher. I have even appliqued ginko out of fabric and studied the medical aspects of ginkgo. 

Now I know why Mother was so "taken" with it.

Ginkgo biloba, commonly known as ginkgo or gingko, also known as the maidenhair tree, is a species of tree native to China. It is the last living species in the order Ginkgoales, which first appeared over 290 million years ago.
Today, the extract from ginkgo leaves is promoted as a dietary supplement for many conditions, including anxiety, allergies, dementia, eye problems, peripheral artery disease (when buildup of plaque narrows the blood vessels that carry blood to the head, organs, and limbs), tinnitus, and other health problems.
Photo: Me and THE Ginkgo Tree 2022

While on holiday in November, Larry and I spent a lot of time at the little Pont Neuf park. The trees were turning colors and leaves starting to drop. I am so happy that we got to see Ginkgo in all of its glory this year.

I am off to buy some Ginkgo tea.....
Please be happy. Enjoy the world around you.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: