A Spring Like Day

Photo: The Kimbell Museum of ART


Yesterday, Larry and I escaped for a few hours. It was a beautiful day and being out in the fresh air was just what I needed.

We drove to Ft Worth, where the city was super busy. Everyone was out and walking about, enjoying springtime weather. It was January 10th, who could believe the excellent weather?

Photo: Sculpture as we entered the exhibit.

We were going to the Kimbell to see an exhibit that had been on our to-do list for ages. The Murillo Exhibit.

Bartolomé Esteban Murillo was a Spanish Baroque painter. Although he is best known for his religious works, Murillo also produced a considerable number of paintings of contemporary women and children. 


Murrillo was a Spanish artist painting in the 1600's. He painted mostly portraits of men. Men of society in  Seville Spain. It is a wonderful exhibit  and although Murillo painted a certain subject over his career, I did find a few favorites in the collection.

Photo: Two Girls
They used the above painting on the cover of the Murillo Guide. I love  these faces.


I took the above photo...the two people standing to the left were there FOREVER. I said, oh darn...and just took the photo. I love this painting. It is The Wedding Feast. The subject to the left front, at the table is Jesus. I was taken with the subjects, bride and groom, the families. It was amazing. I think that the two people standing at the left must have liked it very much too. (I do not blame them. Larry had to drag me away from this painting. It was also the last painting of the exhibit, and made the entire show extraordinary.)

How wonderful it was to go to the museum, a spring like day and no masks! I could stand and look at a favorite painting forever, well.... until I hear Larry sigh, meaning that it is time to move on.

Happy, happy, Wednesday.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me

No comments: