The Good Fight

Grease the movie, was released in June of 1978.
Larry and I had been married about 10 months and scraped money together so we could go to the movies and see it.
I remember seeing that movie with Larry as newlyweds and thinking how much fun it was.
 It and the actors have been part of my life for 44 years.


Over these years, I must confess that Olivia Newton-John had become a hero to me. For women with breast cancer, she exhibited a spirit of strength and love. Something special and unique.
Although I know better, I thought that she would always be around to remind us to fight the good fight.
The news of her death saddened me terribly and my feelings surprised me.
I had never met her, but as a person the impact she had on the breast cancer community world-wide was amazing.
I am friends with a woman on IG who has metastatic breast cancer.
We have chatted a few times and her wonderful spirit makes me  feel positive for the future. I told Larry a few months ago, that Julia is always fighting so hard...that one day when the fight is over, it will be a very sad day indeed. 

I believe that women who fight THE GOOD FIGHT should get extra credit from the Gods and live forever. 
AMEN


Love you beyond the moon...
Me



 

No comments: