Maybe Again

 

Photo: Mariners Compass Hand pieced and hand quilted by Robin

I learned to hand piece and hand quilt when I was pregnant with my first daughter, in 1981. The process was calming and creative beyond anything I imagined. When we moved to Texas in 1984, I worked, teaching quilting for Plano Parks and Recreation. I taught many classes for many, many years. It was a wonderful experience and teaching brought many special people into my life.

I continued quilting until 2012, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the first time. I honestly don't know why I stopped, it is a wonderful outlet.

After my second breast cancer diagnoses in the fall of 2019, I made 3 small lap quilts as Christmas gifts. I machine pieced them and had them  machine quilted by a wonderful lady.(I was in cancer treatment and just did not have the inclination to get them finished) I felt like I had enough. Perhaps it was because I was just tired?

Of course I continued doing other ARTistic things....quilting was not included.

Until now. 

Yesterday I hand pieced the first block to a quilt that is only in my imagination. I am inspired and excited about this quilt that seems like a watercolor-daydream to me. 

Photo: Churn Dash block. Hand pieced by Robin

Quilting was a very important part of my life...and maybe it will be again.

Photo: Prairie Crocus. (queen size) Hand pieced and hand quilted by Robin


Photo: Sunbonnet Sue, hand appliqued and hand quilted by Robin


Photo: I made this Queen size quilt for my Uncle Bruce.
It is my design and hand quilted by me.


I have been reflecting on the quilts that I have made over the years and I wish....that I had taken more pictures.

It is so hot outside, that thinking about making a huge quilt makes me want to break out in prickly heat, as mother would call it...making 9" squares is an easier way to start a quilt in the heat of a Texas summer.

Please have a good day. It is going to be hot and drinking water is important right now....

Love you BEYOND the moon.

Me

No comments: