Koi Fish

Photo: Kaua'i 2022 by Robin

 I have been missing the beach like crazy. Being "away" did me so  much good but I am missing that special something that happens when we are at the sea.

Wonderful Larry, being the observant partner that he is, ordered me a special treat because I was missing the sea.

While on Kaua'i, the locals were getting ready for  Golden Week celebration. Golden Week is celebrated in Japan, and includes a few different holidays. Many tourists come to the island from Japan and I was captivated by the decorations......

Photo: Decorations for Golden Week

Sweet, wonderful Larry...knowing that I was homesick for the island, surprised me yesterday with a koi windsock of my own!



Koi fish have intrigued and inspired for centuries. They are rich with symbolic significance especially in Japanese and Chinese culture and history. Known universally as a symbol of strength, perseverance, love, bravery and dedication, enthusiasts collect both the living carp as well as items or art.


I might like a KOI tattoo...I am just thinking about it, but how beautiful would that be?

Love you beyond the moon.

Me

No comments: