I'm Frogging It

To frog a knit project, means to rip it out, take it apart, dismantle it.


Photo: My knitting tote bag

For my birthday last June, I received a gift card for Joann's from our sweet next-door neighbors. It took me forever to decide what I would spend it on, but I ended up buying the most wonderful black worsted weight yarn and decided to knit myself a classic cardigan sweater to take to France next year.
Photo: The sweater I was making

I have been working on the sweater for a few weeks and last night I finished the back of the sweater.
I hate it.
The fit is all wrong and the drape is non-existent. 
I'm Frogging it.
Photo: Getting ready to frog the back of the sweater.

I feel sad, frustrated and tired.
It is impossible to find a classic (vintage?) woman's sweater pattern.
All of the patterns have been written with some extra something like fancy sleeves or neckline.

Dear hearts, I am off to frog a zillion stitches and look for a new pattern.
Please have a fun day. Even if something goes wrong...keep smiling?
Can you see me smiling now?
Love you beyond the moon.
Me
 




No comments: