The Daily Crane

Photo: The Origami Cranes

I make at least one origami crane a day. There are about 300 of them in a bag that I keep in our guest room.
I started making them last year on a whim and they have become part of my daily devotional/meditation. 

When people hear about the cranes. they say offhanded things like: Oh, I learned how to make them when I was a kid, or my child makes them in elementary school, oh, those? They are just a bunch of folds. (True comments)

It really does not matter if people think that I am being childish by making the origami cranes. I pray as I make the cranes...and think about someone or something that needs good thoughts that day. The process means very much to me.

 The significance of the origami crane in Japan has an ancient backstory, and the paper bird was later popularized after one girl named Sadako Sasaki used it to send a powerful and lasting message. Today, people continue to make and gift origami cranes as symbols of hope and love. 

Here is today's crane.
Photo: Today's crane

Please have a good day and know that someone, 
somewhere is thinking about you.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: