Sunday Dinner and a Movie~ St Patrick's Day

Photo: Appetizer-baked gouda with pastry gnome. I created the recipe in 1990.


 Yesterday it was rainy and cold in Plano. We started the day at church and then went to the garden canter to buy 4 huge containers for Larrys wood ferns. (we never plant anything before Easter, but Larry loves to be prepared)

I still have the blasted cold I caught on the airplane last week flying home from Memphis. Because I have been tired, Larry decided that we should get take away for Sunday dinner.
We ordered salads from Two Rows Restaurant.
Photo: Honey Mustard Chicken Salad

I made a baked cheese appetizer and a baguette loaf. We loved our salads and for dessert we had a pecan pie that Specs Liquor Store makes each fall. We buy a few and put them in the freezer. We are down to zero in the freezer now.
Larry had a bottle of Champagne in the fridge (saved for special occasions) and it was perfect with our salads.
Photo: Salad and Champagne
For our viewing pleasure, we watch PS: I Love You.

It was a quiet, Lovely St Patrick's Day for us. 
I am glad that it is over.
Expectations sometimes back-fire and disappoint.

Oh! And Larry bought me Sunday Flowers....
Photo: Sunday Flowers

...and the day was so nice.

I hope that you have a very nice week.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: