Belated Birthday Picnic

 The Dallas Arboretum was joyful yesterday. I prepared a picnic to celebrate Larry's birthday. It was a little belated, but heartfelt and fun.


We have a "regular" garden at the arboretum, where we go, for picnics and family celebrations. It has been the special place for about ten years. We must have radar. Because we never discuss where we will picnic, just go to our garden. Love it so much.

I made ham and gruyere sandwiches because they are Larry's favorite. 

For dessert, we had a special treat sent to us by a dear friend in Germany. Stollen.


The seal on the box is important as it is proof that this is a Dresden Stollen. 

Thank you Joe, Eva-Marie and Boys. What a wonderful surprise for Larry's celebration. (I will try to get some to Lars and Jami, but I cannot promise that we will not eat it all. (it is so GOOD!)


The birthday picnic was perfect.

Such shared moments with Larry always help me re-focus.

Not to mention a Christmas gift from far away made it even more special.


This time of year is difficult for me. Somehow worse this year. I am trying hard to focus, keep busy and enjoy the wonderful people in my life. In the spirit of keeping busy. I'm off to bake cookies (and freeze them) for the bake sale at church. 

Where is that apron???

Love you beyond the moon.

Me


No comments: