Fresh Strawberry Pie~ A Recipe

I have always been intrigued by fresh berry pies like this.
Many of our French friends make them
but
I never got a decent explanation on how to make one.
Until I found an old recipe dated 1969.
The cookbook is titled
Coffee-Time Desserts
by 
Flo Price
Larry frowned at me.
He was not interested but I was....and my goodness.
This pie is perfection.
If you try it, Please let me know what you think.
Fresh Strawberry Pie

1 -2 cups whole berries to fill bottom of pie shell and garnish
1 cup strawberries-cut up
3/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons corn starch
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 baked pie crust

Bake pie crust and let it cool.
Line shell with whole strawberries.
Simmer cut up berries in water for 5 minutes.
Combine sugar and corn starch.
Add slowly to berries and water, stirring constantly.
Cook until thick and clear.
 Take off heat.
Stir in lemon juice and cool.
Pour over berries in pie shell and chill.
Garnish with whipped cream and whole strawberries.
*********
I made this on Sunday for dessert.....
Larry ate the majority of this pie.
He loves it.
Love you beyond the pie crust.
Me


No comments: