Jun 30, 2014

Just Another Abstract Monday

Just Another Abstract Monday.
{to be sung to the tune of Just Another Manic Monday}
Announcing a new painting!
untitled by Robin Tolbert
16 X 20" / oil on canvas
June 2014
 
Let me begin by saying: Yes.
I left Facebook for awhile.
I don't know when I will be back,
 I am not checking my FB all the time and it feels great.
 
Larry and I had a stunning weekend.
Friday was a Roughriders Baseball game.
Saturday was a belated Fathers Day celebration.
{we had our annual family bowl off and Lauren won!}
Sunday: we bought more plants for the garden, cleaned the house, I am giving Matilda a huge doll house for her birthday and Larry put it together yesterday.
Every day, Larry worked.
He is so happy and loves what is happening with his team.
There is nothing like being happy.
 
Sunday, dinner and Movie.
Waffles {my grandmothers secret recipe}
topped with sautéed bananas and drizzled with maple syrup.
I think that the bananas could have benefited by a dash of rum
but
Larry loved them just as they were. 
Movie: Breakfast At Tiffany's.
 
I have so much to share here,
but I always hesitate mentioning a few things,
 as not to hurt anyone's feelings
or
share to much personal stuff.
BUT
Isn't that what a journal is for?
Isn't that why you hit the blog and read?
Hoping to read something sad, bad or nasty?
One person I know personally,
 hits Toujours every day, looking for juicy gossip.
{I can see their IP address on my sitemeter}
AND that is really ok, but...
when I see this person in person, they snub me.
SNUB ME!
hahahahahaha.
Insecurity.
It is a sad thing to waste.
 
Larry is gone all day today.
I have oddles to do,
not to mention finishing a book that I have adored reading.
{PARIS by Edward Rutherfurd}
I have been reading this book for ages, it is 805 pages
and I have enjoyed each word. I hate it to end.
 
Talking about ending, I better wrap this up.
It looks like a beautiful day!
Love you.
Me

No comments: