Mr Neil, Don't Have To Much Fun Without Me

 
 
 
 
 
 

It is Maundy Thursday.
Interesting thing about Maundy Thursday.
I remember the day Norman explained the religious aspect of this day to me.
I had to have been 7 or 8 years old.
he explained it perfectly to me
and
I find myself, after all of these years, remembering that conversation.
 
Today is a day of remembering and forgiving.
*****
 
Tonight,
Mr. Neil Young will perform in Dallas and I shall not be there.
We have had dinner plans on this night for months.
Business dinner plans.
So when Mr Young is on stage, singing my favorite songs..
I will be at a restaurant, with work people,
talking about restaurants.
I usually love these dinners, but not on Neil Young night.
Instead of a picnic, it will be Italian sit down.
No wine tonight, so water will do.
Dinner will be stunning and fun,
 but in my head I will be hearing the words to Harvest Moon.
Mr Neil, don't have to much fun without me.
Love you,
Me


No comments: