Dear Peter Nero

I have a huge crush. {don't tell Larry}
On Peter Nero.
This crush is two decades old and for awhile, 
no one (in my family) knew who I was crushing about. 
The music of Peter Nero fills my IPOD and my heart.
He is the consummate {jazz} pianist.
Knowing this information, the following note will make sense.


Dear Mr Nero,
I have been a huge fan of yours for many years,
but in this past year, you have proven to be even more than that.
You are my MRI buddy, your music helped me focus while IVs were going in
and 
when radiation was being sizzled into my body.
Now that is all past,
 your music has overtaken my IPOD, still.
There is that something special about music that is used during healing.
The patient and music connect in an intimate way that spurs calm and rejuvenation.
  
When I was a small girl,
 I remember my grandmother holding my hand and saying,
your fingers are so long, you should play the piano.
{ I loved when she did that}
But since my fingers hold paintbrushes,
I listen to your music and wish that I could sit on a piano bench, my gown spread out around me, my posture perfect and
 my fingers sharing a special creation.

Thank you for sharing, caring & creating for the rest of us.
Toujours,
Robin
**********

It is true.
I listened to Mr Nero a lot this past year.
Along with the support and love of my friends
 I could not have managed without his music on the IPOD.
Tip: Listen to Mr Nero's rendition of WHEN I FALL IN LOVE.
It is Perfection.
I have about a zillion more thank-yous to write 
but I have a lifetime to get it done.
Look for yours soon. {wink}
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: