A Just Fine, Tuesday Morning


My work table is messy today.
I must straighten things out before I get to work.
Here is proof in the way of a sketch...
I had written a full post earlier and deleted it,
refusing to put you through that boring text.
This post might be boring too. 
It is quite personal and close to me today...

Today is the anniversary of my Mothers birth.
She was such a great lady. 
Her philosophy was simple, but true.
Be honest, be a lady and use your manners.
She was beautiful, creative, smart, patient and often in denial.
She was very special and I long for her ladylike humor.
I can almost see her. Sitting on the sofa, legs tucked under her,
cigarette held by index and middle finger of her right hand,
{you know, kind of up in the air in a very dramatic way}
She would be telling me a story 
of her trip to the market or of a book that she was reading.
Mother lived la vie en Rose.
She lived it in such a fun way.
Everything was always just fine.
A few days before she died, everyone was busy,
and Larry said that he would love to stay with her for a few hours.
When he came home that night, he looked flushed, 
tired and calm telling me, that they had "quite a talk."
I have often asked about that last visit he had with Mother.
He says while winking: It was just fine.

Happy Birthday Mother.
I miss you
and
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Robin, your mother sounds like she was such a delightful, wonderful person...I wish I had known her.
Hugs,
Rosemary