Please Slow Down


It really is not a secret.
I love a picnic.
There is always an excuse to have a picnic.
To me, a picnic is a celebration of life.
it takes almost no effort at all to pack
a
sandwich and drink
and
go to a favorite spot and enjoy.
Last night we went picnicking.
Pizza and wine in hand.
a perfect spot was found,
and we enjoyed an evening in the almost autumn air.
Before long we were joined by a few hundred of our best friends.
It was an evening of music, friends, and good food.
Will you celebrate the first weekend of Autumn?
***
My life has been very full this summer.
The days seemed to skip past
 before I have a chance to absorb the beauty and joy.
I am trying to slow things down, but the harder I try,
the faster things go.
I am beginning to believe that things
will always be like this now.
I kind of hate that.
***
Time to put on my running shoes.
Love you.
Me


No comments: