"Tea Pot is on, the cups are waiting, favorite chairs anticipating.
No matter what I have to do,
my friend, there's always time for you"



A few  years ago, I started hosting a ladies breakfast
after the annual awards dinner
with Larry's company.
(the ladies bring a date, their husbands,
who work with Larry)
I felt that no matter what happened the night before,
the weekend would end on a bright note.
All of us sharing a breakfast,
 good food, laughter,
and small trinkets of my love and support.
This year, I made goodie bags with
Tea Cups, a tea strainer,
and my favorite
***
The Ladies Breakfast was wonderful.
Voices greeting each other, congratulations to award winners,
shouts for orange juice from the waitress...
crushing hugs from old and new friends.
Toasts and toast, shared thoughts from the night before
and most of all
an overwhelming sense of,
care and support.
Larry's managers and their spouses.
What a wonderful group of people.
Now I know why Larry loves his job,
and why he smiles so often.
***
Chin chin,
is my toast to you.
Thank you for being part of our lives.
Love you.
Me

1 comment:

Anne Gifford said...

you are a great hostess! What a great idea.
We miss seeing you at church. Several people have asked about you all.