Re-Reading My Journal ~ Day Three

This morning feels strange.
I have spent months bracing myself
for the events of yesterday,
and now
it is done.
Larry is on his laptop, working
while I yawn and stretch.
Sue expects us at noon.
She mentioned an interesting day.
All I know of today is, yesterday is done.
I better take a hot bath and dress.
***
Noon.
Sue's house is dark, keeping the cool inside.
The lights are off, the shades partly closed
and
the fans moving in slow motion.
Sue is not dressed yet.
I hear her with the maid in the bedroom.
Soft voices, and maybe a giggle?
I took the photo above.
It is the flag from yesterday's service.
The room feels sad.
***
A guest soon arrives.
We introduce each other...
Sue is still dressing.
I am not sure why I was to meet this lady.
Kajsa Cook.
Sue sweeps in like a cool breeze.
Smiling, she sits down.
She looks at me and says,
Do you know that Kajsa dated your father?
During lunch I was told such fun stories.
My Father and Bruce,
my grandparents driving Kajsa and Sue
to

After a long, fun lunch, Kajsa left.
Quiet filled the house.
BUT
not for long.
Soon enough, three women arrived.
Cousins!
Old friends of Sue's.
When these old school and tennis friends met Uncle Bruce ten years ago,
they discovered an amazing fact.
Their Grandfathers were....
brothers.
So, Bobby, JoAnne and Gail arrive with family trees for me to copy.
Pages and pages of family information.
This is so much fun.
Dinner is served.
We drink lots of wine, laugh, remember the Uncle,
and enjoy meeting family.
***
My Brain is on overload.
I drink lots of wine.
The evening is winding down.
What an amazing day,
filled with
 love, history
and
the promise that family never dies.
Today is a glorious gift.
Love you.
Me


No comments: