Today I am grateful for 49 years.

Photo: Charlie Brown at the Dallas Arboretum-photo by robin


 It was forty-nine years ago this October that Larry and I broke up. 
He had come to my house and asked me out for the next weekend.
I said that I was sorry, but I was playing the "Great Pumpkin" for the neighborhood kids. 
He was so angry that 
I chose to do that instead of going out with him.

Playing The Great Pumpkin meant that I baked special cookies, (my mother's recipe) and I would hand deliver the cookies to all the kiddos that I often babysat, in brown bags with orange notes from the Great Pumpkin on them.

Larry and I stayed broken up for a long time after that.
He dated other girls, and I stayed busy working at the local flower shop.
We got back together in January after almost 3 months apart.

You would think that we would dislike Charlie Brown but we don't.
I LOVE Charlie Brown and the entire crew.
Yes, Larry and I still celebrate The Great Pumpkin and look forward to sharing Halloween treats with our friends.

Are you ready for the Great Pumpkin?
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: