Today I am grateful for The Harvest Moon.

Photo: Full moon. (Photo dated about 2014)

 Today, September 17th, 2024 at 10:35 pm....
The full harvest moon will make its appearance.
It will also be a super moon and a partial lunar eclipse.
The earth's moon is about 238, 855 miles from earth according to NASA.

When Larry and I were dating, he lived in Memphis Tennessee, and I lived in Richmond Virginia. Long distance phone calls were very expensive in 1977, and we could not afford to talk on the phone every night.
 Our plan was that each night at the same time, (me eastern time, Larry central time) we would look at the moon.
It was an activity that we could do together and feel close. It is then when we became enamored with the moon.

When we travel, and the moon is full, we try to stop whatever we are doing and pay our respects to Mr Moon.
Once, a few years ago, the moon was full while we were in Paris. 
Our apartment was near place de République. It was the middle of the night, and we had a bad case of jet lag.  Larry whispered, get your clothes on....
and we went down to the park and danced in the dark. It is such a vivid memory for me. It was wonderful. Oh, that Mr Moon.

It is cloudy in Texas today. I am not sure if we will see the wonderful moon tonight, but if we are able, Larry and I will be enjoying the beauty of the moment.

If you know me at all, you know how much I love Neil Young.
Please enjoy one of his best songs.


Happy Harvest Moon.
Love you beyond the moon....
Me.




No comments: