Today I am grateful for garlic roasters.

It is raining today. The sky is full of tears and the streets are flooding.
Larry has gone to Richmond Virginia for the week 
and I shall bore you with the weeks activities on the blog.
Yesterday, I made Larry a going away dinner.
Photo: Garlic ready to be roasted. They roast in a little terra cotta baker for about 1 hour. Roasted garlic is wonderful.
MENU
Baguette and roasted garlic
Filet mignon with Boursin cheese
Baked potatoes
Green beans

DESSERT
Pound cake with Ice-cream and cherries.

Photo: Main course

 I wanted to send Larry off with a good dinner to remember.
Why do I do that? I'm sure that he will not be thinking about the dinner I prepared for him while he is in meetings and dinners with the bosses.
Photo: The table

The sun is not up yet and I can hear the rain splattering down onto the front porch. Larrys office is dark, and the house is silent.
It is interesting to me that even when someone is not talking, their presence in a room has a sound of its own and when their body is not here, the silence in the empty room takes on a different quality.

Photo: Dessert

I have many projects to work on this week, but with the rain coming down, and the house very quiet, all I want to do is go curl up and read.
What do you do on rainy days?
Please be happy and be safe.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: