Today I am grateful for feathers.

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death.
I think of her often but never feel her close. Yesterday, I had mail to put in the mailbox for pick-up and found a feather on a blade of grass. This is unusual for me so I brought it into the house, took a picture and then released the feather back into the garden.
Photo: I found a feather yesterday
I have heard that if you find a feather in a place that holds a special meaning for you and your loved one, it could be a sign that they are still with you in spirit. It could also be a message from them, letting you know that they are watching over you and guiding you. Feathers can also be a sign that your loved one is at peace and in a better place.

My Mother was the BEST. She was beautiful, kind and patient. I was the middle of her three daughters, and we were more friends than anything else. 
I have mentioned it before, that after her death, the family fell apart. That is ok. Larry and my daughters were my mainstay, and still are.

This morning, Larry looked at me and said: Your mother would be so proud of you. You have handled everything so well.
Isn't that a wonderful thing to say?

Thank you, Larry. I love you so much.
Mother, I miss you.
Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: