Today, I am grateful for Magic, the cat.


 The Word for Boring In French is: Ennuyeux

Yesterday I was complaining about the boring, dog days of summer and "someone" must have heard me, because in the afternoon, the merde hit the fan.

A cold front came through Dallas, and it was raining when Larry got the news. 

His favorite account (he had the account for 8 years) was sold yesterday for $600,000,000.00. 

That is 600 million dollars.

Larry works in the restaurant industry, managing national restaurant chains. 

This was one of his all-time favorite accounts. He adored the people that he worked with, he loved the food and the managers at our neighborhood location.

Last night when we were talking, Larry compared the sale of the restaurants to a death in the family. Larry will be fine and life will go on, but right now we are all rather sad.

****

Back to boring or should I say unboring?

Larry's phone started ringing at sunrise this morning. (about the restaurant sale) I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water and the darn neighborhood cat scared me to death.

Photo: Magic, the next-door neighbor's cat

Magic was on the other side of the kitchen window, just looking at me. I hope that this is not something that he will do consistently. 

Today started out with a bang....I guess I should be careful of what I ask for, right?

Please have a positive day.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me


No comments: