Today, I am Grateful for Henry Mancini's Music-Every morning, I listen to one of his albums


 The Embroidery Floss

Photo: The vest

I have been embroidering since I was very young, perhaps 8 or 9 years old. Mother got me started embroidering pillowcases. The cotton had a pattern printed on it, and I embroidered the design and gave the pillowcases (as a set) as gifts to my grandmothers at birthdays and Christmas.

As I got older, I continued stitching and designing. Although I outgrew the stamped-on projects, I still loved them so much. Even now, I am known to embroider dish towels for the people that I care about.

The above vest is made by me. I designed the vest, and the embroidered pattern is one that I created from an old Revolutionay War picture that I saw in Philadelphia.

Photo: close up of the fabric design

I love this piece and even though I do not wear it now, it hangs in the closet, waiting for attention.

Recently I got the urge to stitch again. My daughter Lauren gave me floss and I hope to embroider a garment or beret for my autumn trip to France.

Photo: My new wealth of embroidery floss

I bought a denim skirt, to practice my stitching but cannot decide on a design. Nothing has inspired me in a while. I wrapped all the skeins of floss, numbered them and boxed them up and I am ready to start.

Photo: Lauren gave me the floss for Christmas

I think that something will come to me soon as my fingers are itching to stitch. Where do you go or what do you do for inspiration?

It is the last June weekend of 2024. Please be happy and enjoy your loved ones.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me





No comments: