Thanksgiving In July, Dinner and Movie

 For many years, Larry and I took the girls far away at Thanksgiving time. Because we were gone in November, we would host a large dinner party in July. A Thanksgiving in July turkey dinner with all of the trimmings.

Over the years the celebration had changed. Many personal things got in the way of our yearly Thanksgiving in July celebrations.

This year, Larry and I decided to have a personal celebration...our own Thanksgiving in July. 

We planned the menu last week and looked forward to preparing and enjoying Thanksgiving on the last day of July.

Yesterday, Larry set the table. I made a centerpiece and we both cooked a turkey dinner. With all the trimmings.

Photo: The turkey turned out perfect.

Larry and I enjoyed the prep work and cooking. Larry does not like to cook but we love being together in the kitchen and he is the best sous chef I could wish for.

Photo: Our wedding china
We used our wedding china and I made the centerpiece out of the sweetest orange roses I found at the market on Saturday!

Photo: We enjoyed dinner and a movie

Larry and I are thankful every day and love having Thanksgiving in July.

Dessert was a pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream and cherries.

Photo: Pumpkin pie


I promise that there is pumpkin pie under all that whipped cream.

Our movie was one of our favorite Thanksgiving movies.



You know....taking time away to reflect and be thankful is a gift that I appreciate very much.

Happy August! A brand new month with brand new possibilities. I'm excited.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me



No comments: