A 60 Something Woman

Photo: Larry and I went for a drive in the country. 

It was a beautiful weekend in Texas. Larry and I kept busy in spite of our selves. We did want to be lazy, but the day called out to us.

The Plano Quilter's Guild was having their yearly show this past weekend. After a few years off because of the pandemic, the show was filled with entries and venders selling fabulous treats for anyone who loves to sew. I was so in awe of the beautiful quilts at the show, I did not take any photos.


This past weekend, we were thinking about Mom. Here is a photo of Lauren with mother.

Photo: Mother and Lauren

Below is Jamison and Mother.

Photo: Mother and Jamison


Larry found the photos for Jami. I thought that I would share them here today.

The darn African Violet that I gave in and bought months ago is alive and well but it has no new leaves nor is it blooming.

Today I put her (the violet) on the dining room table. The window faces East and maybe that will help. My Grandmother always said that violets LOVE  Eastern exposure. I will keep you posted about blooming. I don't even know what color her flowers are.

It is early and Larry is mowing the lawn before he goes to work. I can hear the weed-eater and then the mower working away. It is 84 degrees already. Today will be 100 again.

Yesterday at church our minister told us that she was leaving. She will be taking over a lovely old Presbyterian Church in Ft Worth Texas. Larry and I are so happy for her, but we will miss her very much. Her energy and positive attitude was a tremendous asset in our small church. 
I feel a little off balance.
Quite a few important things in my life are changing. 
HELP.
I am becoming a 60 something woman who hates change!
(I don't think that there is an emoji for that)

It was a crazy, busy and emotional weekend.
I'm glad that it is over.

Have a wonderful Monday!
Love you beyond the moon.
Me



 

No comments: