Our Voice As Voters


 This morning, Larry and I talked about  current events in Texas. How can this be happening? I am neither confused nor naïve. Just disgusted.

Deeper into my discussion with Larry, we both decided.... that we have absolutely no voice in what is happening in our state. Career politicians in Texas do exactly what they want to do, lining their pockets and positioning themselves for  re-election. Our expectations of them are disregarded on almost every level, no matter the public need or public opinion. 

While government officials, pandering to certain lobbyists is nothing new and we voters are being ignored completely by Texas politicians, lives are being affected in the most detrimental way it is time for all of us to speak up, vote and make a difference.

I do not often post political opinions here. But I am active. I vote in all elections. I am a DAR (Daughter Of The American Revolution) where my Patriot relative  died in a 1776 battle and my great great Grandfather fought in almost every major battle of the Civil War. 

The Constitution is what my family fought for and it what I believe in. Here is a PDF link to the entire Constitution.

The Constitution Of The United States Of America

Have you ever read it? We deserve much more than we are receiving.

When citizens (children and adults) of this country are dying because our state representatives are making selfish, personal decisions, it is time for all of us to speak up. No matter how uncomfortable. It is time.

The last thing that I would like to say is, How dare an ex-president of this beloved country, say that my vote did not count?  This one comment makes me so angry that I cannot hold my fury in. My vote DOES count! It matters! My relatives fought for us to have the right to vote. The Declaration Of Independence promises....



This is not a partisan issue. It is a you and me issue. We need to be strong, stand up for what we believe in and vote.

Love you beyond the moon....

Me

No comments: