The Gift Of The Magi

Do you remember Hal? (our sweet Elf On The Shelf)
A couple of months ago, two family's asked to adopt him.
Because we did not want to disappoint anyone,
Larry made arrangements to send two Elves,
one each to the families who contacted us.
Photo: Elf On The Shelf

Larry went out, bought two new elves, packaged them up and took them to the Post Office. He especially did not want anyone to be disappointed.
 But we have not heard one word from the recipients.
 (the people who requested the elf)
 I feel sad and a little used.
But it is Christmas after all isn't it?

Have you ever heard of The Gift Of The Maji?

This is one of my favorite holiday books/stories.
Perhaps it is because it reminds me of Larry.
It is an O. Henry short story....one that I recommend.
I am going to re-read it today.
Maybe we all need reminded what giving is all about.

Tom Baker once said:

"Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago."

A Gift of LOVE...
like the gift of the magi.
Love you beyond the moon.
me

No comments: