I Was Shattered

Photo: YESTERDAY: Afternoon Tea with Larry

This year, after much discussion and Larry insisting, 
we went to afternoon tea at the Arboretum to celebrate life.

For seven years on the same day in July we would go to Tea...celebrating a well fought fight against breast cancer.
Until four years ago, I was diagnosed AGAIN with breast cancer.
A different breast, a different cancer and a different treatment.
I was shattered.

I stopped celebrating everything.
My body betrayed me and I was angry.

But Larry and therapy have shown me
 that celebrating this life and body that
 I have worked so hard to keep, is a wonderful thing.

Please don't get me wrong. 
Sometimes, I want to pretend I never had breast cancer
and celebrating reminds me of everything we went through.

BUT celebrating life also gives me hope in my heart.
Starting this year,  once again, 
Larry and I go to tea and toast life.

Please remind your loved ones to have  yearly screenings.
Early detection saves lives.

Love you beyond the moon.
Me

No comments: