The Pen-Pal And Her Daughter

Photo: My special bouquet of flowers

 Do you know that I have a pen-pal? Her name is Patty and she is the kindest person I have ever known. We have been writing for awhile now, getting to know someone through letters is fun and interesting.

She does not live in our town but her daughter does. That brings me to today's post. 

On Friday, Larry and I were getting dressed to go to the theater. My phone beeped....and the text was from Patty's daughter. It read: Are you at home for a delivery? I replied that yes, that we were home till we left for the theater.

That is all I heard, till Larry said...Something is on the front porch.

There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a gardening magazine and a card. These were delivered by my pen-pal and her daughter. How wonderful was that? (Patty was in town to watch the Coronation of King Charles with Amanda)

Photo: The best magazine
Patty and Amanda left sweet gifts on the porch...and I have not met Patty yet.

I was inspired to plant one of our patio containers on Saturday, because the magazine is so wonderful......such gifts live on. 

My daughter Lauren just sent me this picture. It made me laugh out loud...and I thought that I would share it here. Enjoy.

Photo: Ellie the mastiff and the squirrel



Have a wonderful day, wherever you are.

Love you beyond the moon.

Me






No comments: