That Smile


 There is that smile. I will miss it very much. Amie lost her battle with cancer yesterday afternoon.

I met sweet Amie when she was in elementary school with my daughter Lauren and lived in the neighborhood. She and her brother Chris would "stop by" to play in the back yard with Lauren and Jami. It was always a pleasure having them over, they were good kiddos.

The afternoon, I remember best is when they "stopped by"...I had just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Amie and Chris sat on the sofa, with a plate of fresh cookies, eating all of them. All I could think was, their Mom is going to be so mad at me!

When Amie was diagnosed with colon cancer, she contacted me.  That was 2 1/2 years ago. She worked so hard fighting this,  I know that yesterday, she was tired and lifted her heart to the Lord.

While I was dealing with breast cancer Amie often messaged me, just checking up.. and it meant the world to me and I will never forget her kindness.

Dear Amie, I am glad that you are at peace and not in pain now. The emptiness that you are leaving behind is huge. Your friends and family are heartbroken but your smile will live on forever. XOX Robin

Love you beyond the moon.

Me

No comments: