God Bless America

Last evening I sat on the patio.
The last splashes of summer color
reminding me that beauty still existed.

 I cannot express to you how sad I am.
Not about our new president
but
about how ugly people are acting.

I really did not care who was elected.
I just wanted all of the negativity to be over.
The news made me sick on a regular basis.

Now , welcome a new negativity.
This morning I have seen posts from 
people who I admired.
Terrible, awful posts of bad taste.
Whining, poor sport posts
and
post of gloating.

One man, whom I have known for years
posted something so abhorrent,
I will unfriend him today.

I am proud to be an American.
I love this country
and 
everything it stands for.

Perhaps it is time for us to stand up straight
and
 show the world that we will gather
and support our president.
If we voted for him...or not.

God Bless America.
Love you.
Me

No comments: