Heaven Earth and Man

I am a Floral Designer
and worked in wonderful flower shops 
in Memphis and Richmond. 
Somehow, this ART lives in my blood.
I love having fresh flowers around me,
I love planting plants and getting my hands dirty,
and 
creating is my favorite thing.
Many years ago, I studied
IKEBANA.
I was in Chicago and a master of IKEBANA
taught a class that I was in.
It was something I will remember always.

Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arrangement, also known as kadō.
The spiritual aspect of ikebana is considered very important to its practitioners. Some practitioners feel silence is needed while making ikebana while others feel this is not necessary. It is a time to appreciate things in nature that people often overlook because of their busy lives. One becomes more patient and tolerant of differences, not only in nature, but also in general. Ikebana can inspire one to identify with beauty in all art forms. This is also the time when one feels closeness to nature.

While on holiday last week,
{and shopping at a glass shop on Kaua'i}
Larry bought an IKEBANA vase.
It arrived yesterday.
I could not wait, so I went to Kroger and bought 
any old flowers they had.
The arrangement above is the first in the new vase.
It is an amateur job at best,
 but
 I cannot wait to practice
and
become proficient again.

Heaven Earth and Man.
Ikebana.
Life is pretty wonderful.

Love you.
Me



No comments: