I Find Myself Wondering

I am still homesick for our little cottage.
I miss hiking 
{image above was taken on what I call The Uncle's Hike}
the beach and watching turtles.
But,
there is something wonderful about returning home.
Comfort surrounds me as I make my way through busy days.

I find myself wondering why the NFL scores 
are more important than the beheading of innocent men By ISIS?
{football scores took up 75% of news over the weekend}

I wonder why men, strong men with unnatural egos,
get away with hitting women and children?
Men with to many concussions  and millions of dollars in the bank,
beating women.
Niceeee.
Big old football players hitting women and children.
Pisses me off.
{please excuse my French}

Oh! Here is one more thing.
The Texas Governorship is up for grabs.
One candidate, 
shares their thoughts and plans for the state in generous commercials.
The other candidate
bashes the other person running 
and defends their self.
I was undecided, but leaning toward the second person
before
the ads started running.
I have decided to vote for the person with the kind ads.

Yesterday I told Larry about someone who was nice to me.
Someone who went out of their way to comfort me.
Larry said: isn't it amazing? Someone does the right thing by being nice, and because it is not the norm, we are stunned by the kindness.
I am frowning.

Larry just called me for his office in Dallas.
He called just to tell me that he loves me.

There are some really wonderful people out there....
I am going to try to be one of them.
Love you.
Me

No comments: