In The Texas Heat

I am growing sunflowers and harvesting the seeds for Matilda to plant next summer.
The Texas heat has returned.
Yesterday,
I tried to get all  of my chores done in the morning.
When the temps are 101, afternoons beg to be lazy.
I close up all of the blinds, get a huge glass of water, curl up and read.
That's what summer is for isn't it?
I must confess, I did not get much done yesterday.
So much for well laid plans.
Larry and I did go out to dinner.
We went to a small Italian Restaurant that has new owners.
I had eaten there with the old owners and I refused to go back.(it was THAT bad)
I have been there twice with the new owners now and my meals were perfection! 
We were alone, talking about our day and gossiping about things.
I love date nights with My Larry.
Coming together after a (semi)busy day for me, is always nice.
I do hope that your  today is busy,
and
 tonight as it is ending,
you come together with someone you care about and share your moments.
It makes the day worth while.
Love you.
Me


No comments: