This is the face of arrogance.
I was wondering,
would I would rather be arrogant or a weanie?
Larry is interviewing a man today at our local Starbucks.
Interviewing people there has boatload of history for him.
Once a man(who was not in foodservice) said to him:
You have experience interviewing people and
I need to practice interviewing for a job.
Would you meet me at Starbucks
and go over the finer points of interviewing with me?
Larry said: Of course.
So they set a time and met at the Starbucks.
Larry left for the meeting on time.
Larry showed up back at the house about an hour and a half later.
He had a sad look on his face.
I wanted to know what was wrong.
He said:
For about one hour they discussed interviewing and the process.
After one hour, the guy said:
I really did not want to practice interviewing
but
was wondering if you and Robin could lend us some money.
(he wanted way more that $50.00)
Larry told him that he would have to talk to Robin abut it.
We will pay for rent, groceries, things like that, but we never give money out.
Never.
When his wife found out about it, she wrote my daughter an email,
claiming that he husband handled the situation like a man.
(Yes, this is the first time I have ever broached the subject anywhere)
Reader, this is YOUR call.
Weanie or arrogance?
The two are surprisingly close in nature....
We have never seen this couple in person again.
It sucks when you have to stand your ground on principle,
and
because it is not what the weanie/arrogance wanted,
YOU are the bad guy.
I personally think God has a plan in times like that.
Now all I have to do is discover what it is.
Love you beyond a Chai Latte.
Me

No comments:
Post a Comment