Aug 2, 2013

Recap of Last Night

When did it get to be nine AM?
I am sitting at the work table, typing while in my nightie and robe.

Here is what happened...
Last night Larry and I met friends, no, wait they are business friends,
but they really are good friends....

John works with Larry. He is smart, a great salesman, fun to talk to
and
always is interesting.
Sara, his girlfriend suits him perfectly.
Do you know what I mean? They match.
She is the balance to John.
Well.
We all had had a busy year and finally found time to meet for dinner.
AT CADOT!
Jean Marie Cadot owns this restaurant.
The food is very good as is the wine list.

To make this long story short,
we had a great evening catching up with friends,
eating amazing food
{my chocolate souffle was perfection}
and drinking wine.

The waiter kept flirting with Sara and Chef  kept checking on us,
sending champagne and beignets to us later in the evening.
It was a giddy night for sure.

Then we said goodnight, promising to get together soon.
It was a good evening and I was very tired.

I got ready for bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Then this morning, around 8:00, this is what I woke up to:
Libby, looking at me, almost saying, when are you going to wake up Mom?
Sooooooo, we got up.
I do not like sleeping in, but  it really was worth it.
Last night was so much fun.

Guess I better get busy.....Happy  FRIDAY!
Love you!
me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Friday. I could know from your blog a nice English word: 'thankful'. Word 'thankfulness' is even prettier.
Your writing is great, as always!