Dear Verizon, You Screwed Us

Dear Verizon,
Larry and I have been customers of yours for many years.
We have loved the service, packages, FIOS
and
world wide coverage.
This year however is a different story.
You screwed us this year.
Each year when going to Europe,
you have set up the international package for us.
{and long ago, even renting a Vodafone for us}
Upon our arrivial home, we would call and cancel the remaining time
on our international package.
You then would prorate our bill, and although quite expensive,
{Maybe 200/300 dollars more added to our monthly bill}
Larry and I agreeded that it was well worth it.
This year, as usual, we set up the international package,
times, dates, sim cards,
the Verizon representivie assured us that the program
was just as it was in the years past, and to call when we got home
so the program could be cancelled.
We followed all instructions as we have the past years...
with the ONE EXCEPTION.
Your representive did not tell us, that upon pro-rating our bill,
all data, and other communications would become
straight up roaming charges.
Give me a bloody break!
Roaming from France?
Our phone bill was a nightmare!

$1,223.46!
Larry thought it was a mistake.
We visited our local Verizon office,
called customer service,
even the manager in charge of Larry's company Verizon plan...
{we never heard back from her}
So....
We were told by Verizon, yes, this was wrong of the International Program representative not to share the new billing program with us.
And YES it is a new program this year.
So sorry about inconveniencing you.
We will give you 10% off of the bill.
Larry said: No Thanks. I will pay the bill tomorrow, and that way, if I change to another company I will not feel guilty for taking your STUNNING discount.
{Isn't Larry wonderful?}
*******
Dear Friends,
when traveling, make sure you are getting exactly what you want and asked for.
I should have gotten this program contract in writing,
but I trusted a company who had treated us so well in the past.
Is that kind of trust
Gone With The Wind?
I hope not,
I would like to think that the companies out there,
the ones that I deal with  so often,
are not just out to screw us.
This bill was paid in full a few days after we received it.
I thought I was over it, but goodness.
I am pissed off all over again.
{forgive my French}
Next year, I am taking my laptop on holiday
{we have wi-fi in the apartment}
and if you want to, we can SKYPE!
Merci for listening.....
dont forget, caveat emptor.
Love you beyond all the stuff I could have bought with $1,223.46.
Me

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Ouch,that hurts! I just have to tell you Robin that the MOMENT before I sat down at the computer, I was showing David an inflated bill from a dr. of Whitney's and said, "Doesn't it seem like everyone is out to get your money, and without the service they used to have to provide."?
Caveat emptor is right!
Have a great Friday.