Finally, Peter Cetera

It was Early September in 1995 when Larry came to me
and said: come with me..we are off to buy tickets.

Mother had died about 3 weeks earlier.
Happy moments were at a premium in our lives
 and Larry discovered that Peter Cetera would be preforming in Dallas.
{my FAVORITE! Peter Cetera}
In 1995, Dillards was the place to buy tickets for concerts.
You could end up waiting in line for hours.
We were lucky that day. Five people were in line.
{and were were waiting for the the box office to open}
As we waited, Larry & I discussed family things.
Dealing with so much that summer.
My heart was broken. My best friend had just died.
Then the nicest thing happened.
The man first in line, came back to me.
He said that he had been listening to our discussion
and
would like me to be first to buy tickets.
I said, thank you, but no.
He insisted. I MEAN insisted.
He was so sweet. I will never forget how he whispered to me,
I lost my Mom and miss her so much too.
Larry and I bought our tickets.
First row, Smack dab in the middle.
I hugged the kind man, Thank you sir.
***
I was so excited. It was something to look forward to.
Until Mr Cetera cancelled the concert.
{news came to us about 4 weeks after buying the tickets}
I have been MAD at him all of these years.
Till, last week, Larry said, look what I have,
then handed me two tickets for Peter Cetera.

After 15 years.
Mr Cetera was not what I expected.
He was handsome, self confident, funny
and
his voice was still perfection.
25 or 6 to 4 was my favorite song of the night...
well not really.
The evening was total perfection.
Thank you Larry....there is something wonderful
about life going full circle.
So much has happened in the time since we bought the tickets
in 1995.
I am smiling.
Love you.
Me

No comments: