Dear Pioneer Woman

CONFESSION:
I have been married since 1977 and could NEVER make a decent Pot Roast.
Having good memories of my Mothers pot roast on Sunday afternoons,
I often tried, to no avail.
BUT
Over the Christmas holidays while working on gifts,
the house was quiet and I turned on the Food Network.
 Pioneer Woman, You were on!
Of course I have heard of you, and was given your cookbook a long time ago,
but I knew almost nothing about you.
Till now.
The show was fun and relaxing,
and you made a POT ROAST!
I got your cookbook off the shelf, and went shopping.
I followed the recipe to the letter but put it all into my crock-pot...
and imagine this.
I made the BEST POT ROAST....
just like Mothers.
So, while playing Scrabble,
I tried to stay humble..
when  I really wanted to do the
"I made the best pot roast in the world dance!"
Dear Pioneer Woman,
Thank you.
I made a pot roast just like my Mothers.
I owe you.
Me

No comments: