Truth and Biscotti

It is cool outside this morning.
I snuggled under the blankets and Libby's fur felt cool under my hand.
Larry was already gone, being at work early
allows him time to get things done before the office starts to bustle.
***
I woke this morning thinking about Amanda Knox.
I first heard of her 4 years ago while I was on holiday in France.
Imagine this.
 An American,
In France, hearing about a murder in Italy.
By the time I head about the murder,
it was being suggested that Amanda had been part of the incident.
I never thought that.
***
We all have been accused of something we did not do.
It is such an awful feeling.
Knowing that you did not do what you are being accused of,
is so very frustraiting.
Thank God for the people who know the truth
and surround you with love and care.


I baked ginger biscotti on Sunday.
The batch was huge,
and
I dipped it in vanilla chocolate.
Then it went into Mason Jars,
topped with a ribbon.
Ribbons make everything special.
I love you beyond the gingham ribbon.
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This biscotti looks delicious. But then again...all of the recipes that you make do. Love you a ton! Amber

Anonymous said...

Love this. So happy for Amanda Knox. I believe she had the misfortune of being an easy target: a young vivacious American woman who rubbed the elder Catholics the wrong way.