Sigh For Sigh


It was a beautiful day in Dallas yesterday.
The garden was dry and brown, residue of the long hot summer.
I do see some green growing back.
That makes me happy.

{The last rose of summer in my garden}

'Tis the last rose of summerLeft blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone;
No flower of her kindred,
No rosebud is nigh,
To reflect back her blushes,
To give sigh for sigh.
I'll not leave thee, thou lone one!
To pine on the stem;
Since the lovely are sleeping,
Go, sleep thou with them.
Thus kindly I scatter,
Thy leaves o'er the bed,
Where thy mates of the garden
Lie scentless and dead.
So soon may I follow,
When friendships decay,
From Love's shining circle
The gems drop away.
When true hearts lie withered
And fond ones are flown,
Oh! who would inhabit,
This bleak world alone?
~Thomas Moore~
***
Love you,
Me

No comments: