The Cottage Test Kitchen Is Open

One winter afternoon, I sat in Larry's Aunt Edie's Kitchen
in Wardell Missouri.
Before she sat down to lunch, she made a cobbler.
{it cooked while we ate lunch and then we ate the cobbler while it was warm}
It was the most amazing cobbler I ever had,
and I had never seen it made that way.
For years I have been watching for a cobbler recipe like Aunt Edie's.
Here is the closest that I have found.
This recipe was discovered on my birthday, in Custer State Park, SD
CLASSIC FRUIT COBBLER

1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup biscuit mix
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
4 cups fruit (cherries, blackberries, peaches
or any combination)

Melt margarine in 10 X 6" baking dish
Add biscuit mix, sugar and milk.
Stir to blend.
Top with fruit.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 min till golden brown.
Top with Ice cream or whipped cream.
Serves 5 to 6
***
I made this on Saturday,as the dessert for a family dinner.
Majority vote: two thumbs up

No comments: